Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
Refrigerated egg product and fat-free milk make this Parmesan cheese-crusted chicken an ideal dinnertime headliner for your daily meal plan.
- 1/2 cup(s) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan
- 3/4 cup(s) bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 5 pounds chicken, pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- oregano, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
2. Dip chicken pieces into egg product mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces don’t touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.
3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. (Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.) If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano.
per servingCalories 198, Fat 9g, Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 363mg, Saturated Fat 4g, Protein 23g, Fiber 0g, Carbohydrates 6g